Search the Cinema Head Cheese Archives!

June 22, 2016

Beer Review: Sleepy Dog Peanut Butter Milk Stout

Craft beer is a hobby for me. Consuming it, generally. I always enjoy finding something I've never had and excitedly ordering it so that I can rate it on Untappd. One of my favorite things to find is an alternate version of something I already love. Sleepy Dog Brewing is a great little company in Tempe, AZ. They have a handful of beers from IPA to cherry wheat to milk stout. Their Wet Snout milk snout is one of my favorites, not just from Sleepy Dog, but all time. It's up there with Left Hand and Hussler. When they came out with the peanut butter version, I was all in.


Nuts are used in beer all the time, most often in brown ales. Peanut butter is less common. Sleepy Dog does a great job balancing the stout and peanut butter flavors. Stunt beers can often have too little of the intended flavor, or they can be extremely overpowering. Sleepy Dog's Peanut Butter is smooth, or should I say creamy? That actually would make sense. The aftertaste is nice. It sits with you, but in an easy way.

 One recommendation I can make is to use Peanut Butter to make a beer float. Use vanilla ice cream and just a spoonful of chocolate fudge sauce. Pour the Peanut Butter in and let the ice cream melt a little bit. Be patient. Trust me, your beer will stay cold. Grab a straw, and enjoy. It's a fantastic summer treat.

My Untappd rating for Sleepy Dog's Peanut Butter Milk Stout is 4.75/5. If you'd like to friend me there, you can at https://untappd.com/user/unleashed52.

Sleepy Dog Peanut Butter Milk Stout Float


No comments:

Post a Comment